Tuesday, March 19, 2013

St. Patrick's Day

Last year I did not celebrate much for St. Patrick's Day, Luke and I had just welcomed our new baby boy Finnegan to the world. My parents came to visit from Hollister, Missouri for the delivery of their 1st grandchild last year. This started a tradition, as they came to visit again this year. Saturday we celebrated Finn's Birthday and Sunday we celebrated St. Patrick's Day by listening to some good music, eating corned beef & cabbage and of course a few of us drank beer. My fiancee, Luke (it is weird calling him my "Fiancee") owns a bar in the town we live in. It is what I like to call a "towney bar". He has his "regulars" which drink their "regular" drinks on a fairly "regular" basis. Don't get me wrong, I love it and so does Luke. We started date not long after he bought the bar in early 2009. We have made many friends and have more memories there as a couple than im sure anywhere else. I worked there while in college and ocassionally drop behind the bar to bartend, now that Finn is a little older and I don't feel as guilty leaving him home with a babysitter. Anyway, enough rambling, Luke has live music a few time a month at the bar and on St. Patrick's Day he had one of our favorites. Everyone enjoyed the music, including my parents, and Finn!


 
 
This is Frank, he sings and plays harmonica the band. He didn't want me to take his picture, he requested I edit the wrinkles off......  :)
 
 
 
You can't tell in these pictures, but we are dancing! Finn loved the music, he has a few signature dance moves these days, one being "the sway" . He will sway his hips and head back and forth at the same time, it is so stinkin cute!


"Kiss me I'm Finnegan"
 
 
 
Luke & Finn are twinkies, Luke dresses him every morning. ( I have to go in to work earlier than he does). I am always excited to see what he is wearing when I pick him up from daycare, its funny how often they are dressed alike.  


Cael playing his harmonica.

My mom and good friend Tammy.

Friends enjoying their St. Patrick's Day

 
 
Luke's parents also came out to listen to the music. He had quite the crowd.

 
So Sunday was the last day my parents were visiting, they had to leave early to miss our little snow storm we had yesterday. I had such a great time with them and they were both a lot of help with Finn's Party. Sunday was a nice relaxing way to end a great weekend with family.
 
 
Side Note: Today Luke & I decided on a resort in Mexico to get married as well as a date. More on the wedding planning tomorrow.  :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment